Nimblebrain Forums - Not logged in
Forum Help Search Chat Register Login
Previous Next Up Topic Cosmology / Alternative Cosmology / World Science University (2054 hits)
By Mike Petersen Date 2014-03-13 12:51
Just found a website featuring string theorist Brian Greene that is very entertaining, not to mention educational.  In it Brian answers questions (via short video clips) on every conceivable subject concerning Quantum Mechanics, Relativity, Dark Matter/Energy, String Theory, etc.  The questions are answered in video clips that are about 1 minute each in duration, so what you can get out of this site at the very least are short, comprehensive answers to the questions we all get now and again.

In addition, free classes on these subjects are available at the site. 

I think it's a great idea.  You will, too.  Here is the link:

World Science University
By Jade Annand Date 2014-03-15 05:48
Awww, Quantum Mechanics is not available yet!

Actually, that said, MIT still runs their Open Courseware, but I don't have the time and brainpower to do that for approximately the same reason I'm poor at updates here: my several minutes of lucidity after kids go to bed does not last long enough ;) They've got a few levels of quantum mechanics courses out.

It's all PDFs, though.

Dang, it's amazing how useful the half-silvered mirror has been on our quest to understand quantum mechanics :)
Previous Next Up Topic Cosmology / Alternative Cosmology / World Science University (2054 hits)