Nimblebrain Forums - Not logged in
Forum Help Search Chat Register Login
Previous Next Up Topic Cosmology / Alternative Cosmology / Changes to user policy (1080 hits)
By Jade Annand Date 2013-12-24 06:07
No, this isn't anything terrible; don't worry.

With the influx of spammers either beating registration or getting 'meatbots' to do the registration for them, posting policy has been changed.

This forum software allows for some basic 'roles' of a user in a forum: user, member and moderator. Until now, all users could post.

Now, users have to be members in order to post. This means that users cannot self-register and immediately post. For those who are coming in and wish to participate immediately, I apologize, but you can send me or the board mods a message and get upgraded.

I have upgraded to 'member' everyone who has posted, and anyone who hasn't posted spam and whose e-mail addresses/web sites are not commercial products and don't completely mismatch their aliases*. If I miss anyone or you have a friend coming, please let me know.

Due to their behind-the-scenes help, Ari Jokimaki and Mike Petersen are now moderators. That will give them the power to delete spam messages in particular, though I am hoping the recent policy change should ease that burden significantly.

See? I told you it wasn't that bad :)

-- Ritchie

(If you saw the user records of the spammers of late, you would know what I mean. Here are some banned spam records... Spammer # 1 user name: avrilso, e-mail address: tayloy123@outlook.com; Spammer # 2 user name: bestill, e-mail address uuusss19@yahoo.com; Spammer # 3 user name: cvb123, e-mail address: popcorn6333326@yahoo.com. You get the idea.)
Previous Next Up Topic Cosmology / Alternative Cosmology / Changes to user policy (1080 hits)