Nimblebrain Forums - Not logged in
Forum Help Search Chat Register Login
Previous Next Up Topic Cosmology / Alternative Cosmology / Quantum Space Theory (5015 hits)
By Mike Petersen Date 2014-03-05 16:39 Edited 2014-03-08 13:56
I have recently come across an interesting theory set forth by Thad Roberts, "Quantum Space Theory", that I believe has merit.  Here is a link to his website:

Einstein's Intuition

There is a link in it that takes you to a TEDxBoulder talk given by Roberts in 2010.  After viewing this talk (I highly recommend it) and browsing his website, you may be interested in his book, "Einstein's Intuition", which is not as yet published.  On the site he asks you to email him and he will send you a link to the "latest version" of the book.  Well, I did that, but you don't have to.  Below is a link to download the book directly from my website.  It is a 45MB ZIP file that will unzip into a PDF file.

"Einstein's Intuition" Book Download

I would love to have some discussion about QST, and even Thad himself, who it turns out is quite a character.
By Mike Petersen Date 2014-03-17 20:29
I guess nobody cares.
By Jade Annand Date 2014-03-18 14:40
*laugh* Sorry, Mike, I have the paper open in a browser at home, but by the time I get a chance to read it late at night, my eyes are already crossing :) Maybe I should watch the TEDx talk first, then I might be able to summarize for folks, because it's not particularly light reading :)
By Mike Petersen Date 2014-03-18 22:17
Hey, yeah, watch the Ted Talk.  I would not have downloaded the paper if not for that *very* fascinating talk.
By Jade Annand Date 2014-03-20 13:36
Okay, that was an interesting TEDx talk. I'm a little surprised that he went for not just a galaxy rotation explanation, but also a redshift explanation.

I've been reading a little bit of quantized space hypotheses in Lee Smolin's Time Reborn book, which strangely, I wish was a lot more technical, but if I can get to the paper, I'll see how the two square against one another.
Previous Next Up Topic Cosmology / Alternative Cosmology / Quantum Space Theory (5015 hits)